Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Loom Knit Stitch: Croque

I found this stitch on Pinterest and after doing some research I can not really find anything written in English with any information.  I typed ‘Croque’ into Google translate, which gave me ‘crunches’.  I did find a few references to Ponto Croque, which Google translate to:  Point Croque in Portuguese.  If you happen to know the English name of this stitch please leave me a comment.

This is a double knitting stitch for a knitting loom.  Both sides look the same.

Multiples of 4 +1 pegs per board








This is the original wrapping diagram picture that I worked from, found on Pinterest.  I wrapped starting on the left side, wrapping to the right.  All pegs are wrapped in one pass.  Your working yarn is then on the right side of the board (if you don't turn the board).  To make learning this stitch easier, I did turn my board, then wrapped from left to right again, following the diagram.











I worked my swatch using:  Loops & Threads Snuggly Wuggly in Fresh Green on the Tadpole Knitting Board 6 inch made by Authentic Knitting Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share: