Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hookin’ for a Cause- My New Live Show

 

During a video chat with the Army of Angels we were talking about various things and the subject of knitting and crochet came up.  Someone mentioned that they knit squares for a charity.  That led to me jumping in to say that I crochet and have crocheted for charities.  Well...the conversation went from there to now I am doing a live show online every Saturday at 3pm EST to teach crochet.

Our plan is to learn just the basics at first, making squares to attach together into afghans and lapghans to gift to various outlets that help abused women and children.  The first show is tomorrow ( March 13th) and during that show I will go over the very basics. 

I will be talking about what supplies you need to have on hand to get started.  I will discuss the different hooks and sizes as well as the different yarn textures, sizes and prices.  I will be giving links during that show to various online resources for buying yarns and hooks and also to a few yarn craft social networks that are I have found to be useful as well as fun.

I will be using Ustream for this live broadcast.  For those that are not familiar with Ustream, basically you will be able to hear and see me live and next to the video there is a chat area where those watching can chat or ask questions and make comments live during the show.  I will be monitoring that chat stream throughout the show so that it is more interactive; allowing for questions as we go along.

The Ustream channel for the show, Hookin’ for a Cause, is:  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hookin-for-a-cause

Even if you are not a member of the Army of Angels please feel free to join us!  If you would just like to learn crochet and do not plan to use your new craft/hobby for charity...that is fine too, join us anyway!

I look forward to seeing many people joining in to learn how to crochet! Those that already crochet are welcome as well...we will be moving forward from the basics quickly.

 

 







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. So fun!! This is the charity that I mentioned the other night http://www.knit-a-square.com/knitting-for-charity.html It is called knit a square, but lots of people crochet them too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Tracie!!

    ReplyDelete

Share: